December 7th, 2007
It’s finally done and I’ll start moving in today after I finish up some work for a client. Pictures to come!
Things I’ve learned:
- I hate dirt
- I hate sawdust
- I never want to build a house (I knew that before but this experience has reinforced that)
- I don’t have the desire to flip houses anymore (sad because I really thought it would be fun, now, not so much)
- Putting on a roof does some major damage to your hands
- I now know what people go through who suffer from arthritis of the hands. My pain only last a few days and it was horrible.
- My most comfortable pair of sneakers are not good working shoes. Crocs are the way to go! Unfortunately I found that out late in the game after weeks of soar feet.
- Don’t let a 3 year old load up her own paint roller.
- Paint and stain do go through a drop cloth – what’s the point?
- Caulk and trim will hide most anything
- Goody’s Body Pain powders are good stuff