a girl who creates
Podcast Interview
December 1st, 2009

I was recently interviewed by Thomas James of Escape From Illustration Island about how I promote my work. The podcast is now available so take a listen. Hopefully you’ll get some ideas on how to market yourself as an illustrator. After my Surtex trip to NYC I became more aware of my southern accent so if you hear some “twang” in there, feel free to giggle. It apparently amuses those not from the south :)

And in other news, next year I will be relaunching Living The Creative Dream. After a year of examining what I’ve done (I’ve even written a book on marketing for illustrators – but no takers yet) and what my original plan was to do with the site – I’ve decided to stick with what I know best so I’m shifting the focus more on helping other illustrators with their marketing. So stay tuned for that.

category: interview, podcast, promotion

6 Responses to “Podcast Interview”

• Patti Gay
    May 3rd, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Holli, Heard your podcast. Very nice. I’ve seen your work around and really love the fun look of all your styles.

• Redheaded Stepchild
    December 2nd, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Great job on the podcast Holli! And I love your accent! Hee, Hee!

• roz Fulcher
    December 2nd, 2009 at 5:32 pm

BRILLIANT. Thoroughly enjoyed hearing the voice behind the text. =o) Great info too. I’ve so enjoyed watching your journey and it was fun listening to it “live”. Congrats, Holli!

• Sweet Pea
    December 3rd, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Great to hear your voice and a really interesting podcast. You are always a source of inspiration and I feel lucky to be a part of our group :)

• Becky Schultea
    December 5th, 2009 at 5:34 pm

FABULOUS interview Holli – hubby and I listened to it together and loved it! It was great for him to hear another artist’s take on the business and see the similarities in what we all deal with as artists. Inspiring and informative as always!!

Thanks for being so willing to share your experiences…you’ve had quite an impact on the illustration world beyond just your artwork!!

Can’t wait to see where you take “Living the Creative Dream” next – should be exciting!!

Hugs & Blessings,